From the developers of the Alpha Course, the Marriage Course is for couples who wish to enrich their life together.
The Marriage Course is very practical, giving any married couple the tools to build a strong and healthy marriage that lasts a lifetime.
Over seven evenings spent together (including a candlelit dinner at a table for two), couples watch some entertaining video presentations about important issues that can get swept under the carpet in the rush of daily life, and they have opportunities to talk together privately about these issues in their own marriage. At Chapel Hill Uniting Church, the course is offered to participants at no cost.
The course will show you practical tools and approaches to help you:
- understand each other’s needs
- communicate more effectively
- grow closer through resolving conflict
- heal the ways you’ve hurt each other
- recognize how your upbringing affects your relationship
- improve relationships with parents and in-laws
- develop greater sexual intimacy
- discover each other’s love languages and much, much more!
Privacy as a couple is always respected. There is no group discussion and no requirement to disclose anything about your relationship to anyone else.
Who is it for? The Marriage Course is for any couple who want to build a strong and lasting relationship, especially:
- those in the first five years of their marriage or committed relationship.
- those at a challenging stage of their marriage, eg, the birth of a child, a career change, teenagers at home, the “empty nest” time.
- those struggling with issues in their relationship
Couples need to arrange their own babysitting.
DATES OF THE COURSE: Watch this space for details of our next course.